Vision: We aim to educate all children for life in all its fullness (John 10 -10)
We strive to create a learning community that educates all children for life in all it’s fullness by providing them with a broad and engaging curriculum with opportunities for deep reflective learning where they can apply their skills and knowledge. We will work with children and parents to develop and hold-fast to the values of honesty, friendship, responsibility, perseverance, forgiveness and trust, in order to help children make good choices about their lives. Children will explore these values through the teachings of the Christian faith. The exploration of these values is used to develop self-worth, celebrate diversity and difference, promote good moral attitudes, and provide children with the opportunity to reflect on life and its spiritual dimensions through a wealth of experiences.
Children will be encouraged to develop a positive mind-set and we will teach children to be resilient in the face of challenge. Teachers will model the love of learning, reading for pleasure and an appreciation of life and our world. We will use opportunities within the curriculum to develop self-esteem and worth, as well as broaden their experience and understanding of others in wider communities. Time is taken with individuals or groups to reflect when things have gone wrong and children are supported to resolve problems and bring about reconciliation. Children at our school will be encouraged to value and appreciate differences between people.
In our School, alongside the teaching the essential skills of literacy, numeracy, I.T, and PSHCE , children will develop a knowledge and understanding of the world in which they live. Closely linked to these studies, children will learn about their role in society and how to be good citizens. They are encouraged to develop healthy lifestyles. There will be opportunities to explore issues and form their own opinions. They will learn the need to respect and care for others, themselves and their environment.
In our Christian learning community will be kind, confident, reflective, questioning and to take initiative- appreciating and enjoying life in it’s fullness.
Principal Objectives of Stone-with-Woodford C. of E. Primary School
We aim to make our School a caring and happy place where all children will:
- Be taught the Christian values which underpin our school
- Develop basic skills and a positive attitude to learning.
- Have raised expectations, aspirations, standards and achievements
- Receive a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum where first hand experiences and exploration are fundamental and creativity is promoted and valued.
- Be challenged and stimulated through well planned high quality teaching and effective use of resources
- Have opportunities to develop creativity and express themselves through a variety of media
- Work collaboratively and independently, build on their successes and have high expectations of themselves.
- Show care and respect for themselves, others, their school and their environment.
- Grow in self-esteem and confidence and develop high standards of behaviour.
- By providing these experiences within a Christian framework we will ensure that all children have the opportunity to develop their own personal spirituality and moral attitudes.
We aim to make our School a caring and happy place where all staff will:
- Plan learning opportunities which will support the School’s aims for all children.
- Create a positive, safe and secure environment which will enable all children to learn and develop confidence.
- Work collaboratively and share expertise with colleagues in school and within the cluster with the aim of improving achievement, aspirations and expectations
- Regularly and systematically monitor the progress of all learners and identify strategies for intervention where required
- Evaluate their own work and contribute to the self-evaluation of the school to raise standards and achievement.
- Embrace feedback relating to their own standards of teaching and pupil engagement to improve the standards and achievement.
- Provide feedback to parents and carers and set achievable targets for learners
- Embrace and take part in educational initiatives to ensure improved outcomes for children
- Act as role models in this community in promoting the Christian values that underpin our Academy
- Take initiatives and be proactive in their own professional development to enable them to be innovative and developmental
We aim to make our School a caring and happy place where leadership will:
- Uphold the Christian values which underpin our school
- Plan for, monitor and evaluate the curriculum to ensure children have the skills, knowledge, confidence and positive attitudes ready for the next phase of their learning.
- Ensure that best quality teaching is available for all children within the resources available.
- Regularly monitor the quality of teaching across the school using the established appraisal and performance review system
- Create a school where children and staff are safe and are aware of how to keep themselves and others safe.
- Regularly evaluate the schools performance, our values and learning environment and draw up action plans to improve and set challenging targets.
- Keep up-to-date with changes in education development and work with others to provide professional development to enable this.
- Monitor provision and progress towards targets across the year and endeavour to ensure children and staff receive appropriate support.
- Work with other schools to ensure the best provision possible for the children within our community.
- Develop links with our local community and explore and initiate opportunities to develop links further afield